Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Friday 10 June 2011

CUT PRICE BOOZE



Image result for cut price booze



Cut price booze and cardboard bed
Concrete slab for my head
Old worn out coat and shoes
All the badges of cut price booze
Now I lay me down to sleep
Counting demons instead of sheep
Oh Jesus if you are mine
Turn the water into wine
My god is here within this tin
Its a battle I can not win
I need a drink, I need it now
To pacify my fevered brow
Pray for me in my sorrow
Or spare a pound for tomorrow
This shop doorway is my roof
My bible says 40 proof.

Just trying to see from another perspective, through the eyes of a desperate soul.