Name change

After searching for the original title "Poetry from a small Island" it would apear there are lots of sites with that name. So i've changed it. I've also added a comment bar at the bottom of each post.

Friday 18 March 2011

JUST A COUNTRY BOY


There's not much hope for you me lad
Your writings poor an your spellings bad
We’ll keep you in after school
For acting like a bloody fool

Your sums are better, but your spelling worse
I really don't like it when you curse
A thousand lines will make you better
Its time your parents got a letter

When schools is over I head for the hills
And throw away all my ills
School is not for me you see
I already know my ABC

All your lessons are a pest
They don't tell me where the Ravens nest
Or tell me where the wild rose grows
Or show me a lark rise above the meadow

Teach to me of the changing seasons
Teach to me of the reasons
Teach to me of Hares and Rabbits
Teach to me of seasons habits

Then I will go to school
And I’ll learn the golden rule
The three s for me you see
Are the Rook, Raven and the Rowan tree